Saturday, May 31, 2008

Label maintenance - deleted manga authors and artists

I finally decided to delete all the manga authors and artists from my labels - I'll continue to refer to them in posts, so you should still be able to find most of the references to manga authors and artists in this blog by doing a search for them - you just won't be able to click on a label.

I just finished a post about Ai Yori Aoshi, and I got a bit frustrated with having to enter both the manga titles and authors as labels, despite the fact that I know Kou Fumizuki, the author of Ai Yori Aoshi, hasn't done anything else, or at least nothing that's going to be available in the US - why, then, should I include both his name and the title of his work? Maybe I'll regret getting rid of all those names, but I don't think so. It's less work for me.

So now my labels are for book authors, manga/anime titles, movie titles, TV series titles, formats (movies, anime, manga, books, audio books, etc.), and a few miscellaneous, like anthology, blog updates, and eventually non-fiction.

Oh, and I also decided that if I enter any title beginning with an article (A, an, the), I'm just going to drop the article - it might make the title look a bit weird, but doing it this way means that only the author names use parentheses, so authors should be easier to find in the whole mess. So far, only two title have been affected. The Cell is now Cell and The Gentleman's Alliance Cross is now Gentleman's Alliance Cross.

No comments:

Post a Comment