Sunday, January 24, 2010

Browsing Fiction_L

I was searching the archives at Fiction_L, hoping to finish up a particularly difficult read-alike list. Sometimes I feel like reading some posts, just because the title and/or snippet sounds interesting. Here's a few from my searching:
  • YA vampire gymnasts from the 1980s
  • Dogs and librarians
  • Possibly objectionable YA book (I don't know what it is or what it's about, but suddenly I want to read it!)
  • YA book about evil reflection
  • Passive characters
  • Short story about reading newspapers and going insane
  • Seeking '50s "alien baby" story
  • Butchered book titles
  • Origami fiction
  • Romantic fiction for boys
  • Dean Koontz book about Marilyn Monroe
  • Precocious 9-year-old wants fantasy (I started having a knee-jerk annoyed reaction to the word "precocious" in Fiction_L post titles)
All that, and I still haven't been able to figure out any good read-alikes for the post I'm nearly ready to publish. Argh.

Also, unrelated, but it would be really nice if there were a way to "collapse" portions of Blogger's labels lists, both the list that post authors can see when they add labels to a post and the list readers see on the actual blog. I know I'm not the only one out there with a long list of labels.

No comments:

Post a Comment