Thursday, January 14, 2010

::whimper::

I can't believe it's been two weeks since my last post. Supposedly, this is the quieter time of the year for librarians at my library - unfortunately, this doesn't seem to be the case for me. I can barely catalog books fast enough for our Processing student workers. In addition, I'm trying to balance my regular work with weeding (which we're finally starting to do, maybe, if no one finds out that that the books they decided to weed have been "mysteriously" reshelved) and Second Life. My university is experimenting with a "Second Life presence" and the library doesn't want to potentially be left behind. I'm on the committee to make sure this doesn't happen, probably because I'm the youngest and newest librarian. So far, I'm annoyed with how difficult it is to do things that were usually easy to do in other virtual worlds I've tried.

Anyway, I've got to try to finish some more blog posts. As usual, I have plenty to write about, I just haven't finished anything. I watched the last of the first season of The Story of Saiunkoku a couple days ago, and I can't wait until pay day, when I can afford to buy the next (and final, I think) boxed set. When I first started this series, I figured it would be a historical-feeling romance, and then it surprised me by keeping what I figured would be the main romantic couple physically separate for most of the season. Plus, the guy was the one doing all the lovesick pining. Maybe I'll be good and write about this series next.

No comments:

Post a Comment