Friday, February 12, 2010

Wild and crazy eyed

Expect another couple posts tomorrow and next week, but only because I already finished and scheduled them prior to the onslaught of pet-related stress. I somehow have to keep my pet rat from ripping out his stitches, while at the same time allowing him to stay fed and hydrated. The E-collar he's currently wearing helps with the former and interferes a bit with the latter. Plus, the poor boy now has a slightly swollen jaw from the crazy antics he performs trying to get the collar off. I really, really need to get some sleep, so I think I'm going to bed early. However, I can't help but worry that, when I wake up, he'll have somehow removed and/or destroyed his collar and ripped out his stitches again. This freaks me out all the more because I don't think there's a vet anywhere nearby that I can visit until Monday if something bad happens. Still, I can't go without sleep and sit there staring at him until Monday.

If I had remembered that rat post-surgery healing was this stressful and difficult, I'm not sure I could have said "yes" to the surgery so easily. Here's hoping the next 7 or so days go better than I expect them to.

No comments:

Post a Comment