Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Posting overload

Daily posts begin in a couple days, although I'm rethinking letting it go on all through September. I'm taking my first more-than-a-day-or-two vacation at the end of this month, and I realized that daily posting through the whole month would mean that there wouldn't be anything left for the time period right after my vacation is over. Since I anticipate great gobs of work-related and happy-kitten (I'm getting a kitten, woohoo!) stress during that time period, it might be a good idea to spread things out a bit and save some posts for later scheduling. Or not. But then I anticipate long periods of silence.  Eh, we'll see.

And also, unrelated to all of that, the wrist troubles I mentioned way back turned out to be tendinitis. Keyboarding is fine, but mouse use quickly becomes painful. So, I'm figuring out potential workplace setup solutions. Right now, a trackball mouse seems good, and there are a couple Logitech options I'm considering because they look like they could be comfortable and they're actually priced so I can afford them. Anybody out there use trackball mice? Any recommendations? Things I should consider that I might not have thought of? Aside from the whole "it would suck if I bought something that turned out not to help" concern (and, no, my doctor didn't recommend any specific kind of trackball mouse, even when I asked for specifics), I'm wondering how hard it will be to adjust to using one. Still, I'm getting the point where I don't have much of a choice. Keyboard shortcuts can't do everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment