Tuesday, November 23, 2010

There will be posts soon, I swear!

I plan to have at least one new post up sometime in the next few days - I'm just trying to decide which post I want to finish. Almost all of them have some aspect that is really hard for me to finish. In some cases, the commentary part is kind of hard, because I really don't know what to say other than "I love it!" or "It was meh." It makes me wish I'd read or seen something lately that I really hated, because those are always the most fun to write about.

Show-wise, I've been watching a lot of The Great Queen SeonDeok lately - 57 more hour-long episodes to go! I wasn't sure I liked it at first, and then I sort of got hooked. Last night I cried while watching a character die that I hadn't expected would die. I know the show is going to take forever to get anywhere, but I'm enjoying it anyway, which is more than I can say about IRIS - I quit watching that one before I'd even finished one episode.

Other than that, I've been working my way through my first shipment of new books in ages. Of three books, one was good, one was ok, and another has been painful enough that I haven't yet been able to finish it (please, no more pseudo-historical dialogue! *whimper*). I've also been slogging through The Secret of Val Verde by Judith Polley. It was originally published in 1974, making it the oldest romance novel I've ever read, or at least attempted to read. In all fairness, if I had wanted to make a proper go of trying out older romance novels, I probably shouldn't have started with this one, since nothing about the back cover blurb excited me. All I can really say about the book so far is that it bores me, but at least there have been no rape scenes or forced seduction. Yet. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment