Thursday, December 30, 2010

The good drugs

I got my cat back from the vet today - I dropped her off to be spayed yesterday, and everything went great. I was a little worried about taking care of her after the surgery, because taking care of my pet rats after surgery was always very difficult and nerve-wracking. Happily, it appears to be a little easier taking care of my cat. However, she is drugged out of her mind.

When not drugged, she is usually a very energetic cat who occasionally really, really wants to be cuddled. She sleeps with me and actually enjoys being held. When drugged, she's much less energetic and much more prone to cuddling. I figure sleep is probably good for her right now, but she's only comfortable with sleeping if she can do it on or near me. She prefers it when I nap with her. When I spent a long period of time on the phone, she refused to lay down and take a nap, so she ended up falling asleep on her face while standing up. I couldn't stand watching her that way, so I tipped her over so she'd at least look more comfortable.

It should be an interesting next few days. She's got an e-collar, so, with any luck, she'll leave her sutures alone. In the meantime, I'm sitting on the floor with her and watching lots of DVDs. Right now, I'm working my way through Baccano! for the second time. As it turns out, my monitor makes dark scenes in TV shows even darker, so this show is a LOT gorier than I remembered it being, now that I'm watching it on my TV. But still very, very good. Watch it, seriously. After this, I think I might watch the second season of Maria Watches Over Us. Or something else - I've got tons of stuff on my To Be Watched pile.

It's a little early, but have a good new year, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment