Sunday, September 18, 2011

Short reviews, with longer ones (hopefully) coming soon

I'm still behind on my writing - I haven't posted anything for The Iron Duke or Rabbit Man, Tiger Man yet, and I've finished more things. Ah well, I'll do my best. I expect to have some longer posts out soon, but, for now, here are the short versions for things I've finished in the past week.
  • Psmith in the City (audio book) by P.G. Wodehouse, read by various people - There is much less cricket in this one than in Mike: A Public School Story, which I appreciated. Even better, this book contains much more Psmith. Psmith is awesome, although I have a feeling he views Mike more as an amusing pet than as a friend. I'm not sure Psmith is the sort to really have friends. In some ways, he reminds me a lot of House (from House M.D.). This was a lot of fun, and I can't wait to listen to the next book.
  • The Inventor's Companion (e-book) by Ariel Tachna - Steampunk m/m romance. This could have been a much shorter book. Tachna dragged things out by bringing up the same issues over and over again (Gabriel's jealousy, Lucio's horrible life, see how different Gabriel is from Lucio's clients, etc.). I liked Lucio well enough but tended to be annoyed by Gabriel, and I saw certain problems coming long before any of the characters did. While I'm not unhappy that I bought and read this one, I'm not sure I can recommend it. That said, if you do want to read it, All Romance Ebooks is currently offering a 25% rebate for all Dreamspinner Press books (meaning that you still pay the full price for the books, but 25% of that price is given back to you in E-book Bucks, which you can then spend on other things).

No comments:

Post a Comment