Sunday, September 14, 2014

Anime on Netflix

I have a love/hate relationship with Netflix's anime catalog. On the one hand, they occasionally get some great titles, sometimes even ones I don't have access to any other way (haven't purchased, not on Crunchyroll), and I've had fewer bad streaming experiences with them than with Crunchyroll. On the other hand, they go through periods where they hemorrhage all those great titles and are left with almost nothing.

I ignored them for a few weeks, and here's what they have that I'd like to watch and don't already own:
  • Noragami - I haven't heard much about this, but it was recommended to me by a friend.
  • Ghost in the Shell: Arise - I have to admit, I hate the Major's new hairstyle. But I'm always up for at least trying a new entry in the Ghost in the Shell franchise.
  • Sword Art Online - This series has many obsessive fans. I plan to read the first light novel one of these days, and I'm still trying to decide whether it would be better to read it before or after watching the show.
  • Fate/Zero - I watched the first episode on Crunchyroll a while back. It was gorgeous, but incredibly confusing. If I watched it on Netflix, I'd at least be able to pause an episode an come back to the same spot later (a thing that the Crunchyroll app on my TV didn't allow me to do). This is another series with scary, obsessive fans.
  • Chaos;Head - I've heard a bit about this show and have wanted to see it for some time.
  • Eden of the East: Paradise Lost - I think this is the last movie. I'm still debating whether to see it or not, because the last Eden of the East entry I tried was disappointing.
  • Deadman Wonderland - Another one I've been wanting to see for a while, although its level of violence may be too much for me. We'll see.
Considering how little TV I've been watching lately, this list is a little daunting, and I doubt I'll be able to get through it all before Netflix starts yanking things. Still, I've added it all to my monstrous queue.

No comments:

Post a Comment